Dec 9, 2012

Wreck it Ralph/Paperman - Review

I know it's a little late for a review on Wreck it Ralph. But I was finally able to go see the film and I really liked it. I thought it was great!


Great story, animation, direction, designs, GREAT EVERYTHING! There's not much I have to say about the movie, but other than I really liked it. Normally, there is a thing or two that I don't like about a film. But this was done very well!  I loved trying to catch all the little hidden gems with the background characters. Ralph and Penelope were really interesting and well develop characters.


I think my favorite thing about the film was the designs. I always prefer the styled look over the hyper-realistic. I can't wait to own the DVD when it comes out!


Paperman, the short before the Wreck it Ralph was cool. But, as I mentioned in a previous post, I am very disappointed that it wasn't done in Traditional Animation. Let me start off by saying what I liked about it. First, the animation was great. Very smooth and cartoony. Second, the designs was great, it had a very traditional animated look. Not that far off from 101 Dalmatians. And third, I thought the story was cute and heart-warming. That said, I did not see any reason why the short had to be done in CG animation made to look like Traditional Animation. The environment could be done in CG but keep the characters in Traditional. I still haven't seen anything CG animated film that moves as smoothly as Traditional animation. I'm saddens that the big studios are not using Traditional animation more.



No comments: