Jul 20, 2011

Winnie the Pooh Movie Review

I saw the latest animated film from Walt Disney Animation Studios, Winnie the Pooh. Here is the movie trailer -

Winnie the Pooh has been one of my all time favorite characters. I have very fond memories of Pooh Bear and his friends. So naturally, I was excited to see the film. I was not disappointed, it was a great film. It is as simple as that, it was a great animated film. The animation was wonderful and the story was brilliant. The animation had a little too much of a modern animation feel for my taste, but none-the-less it was a masterfully created and beautiful animated film. The characters were true to the original and the jokes were wonderfully tasteful and more importantly funny! It didn't bother me that the whole film was shorter than most summer films. But this story doesn't need to be any longer than is was.

The whole film had a classic feel to it... except for one thing. And it's the only reason I dropped a star on my rating... Zooey Deschanel's singing... I hated it. I liked her in Elf and (500) Days of Summer. But I cannot stand that she is so over used for her singing and how she sings so flat! She has potential to be a better singer, but in the film, it took me out of the story. Disney needed a better singer for this film. Someone who has a more classical sound. Someone who could help continue the legacy of Winnie the Pooh and 2d animation. Zooey Deschanel is not that singer. Other than that, the film was spectacular! I want more 2d animated films from Disney and hopefully more Winnie the Pooh.

No comments: