Aug 11, 2014

Animation Speed Challenge 01 - The Purple People Eater

So I decided to create a challenge for myself. The challenge is what I call the Animation Speed Challenge. In which, I challenge myself to create everything in an animated short as fast as possible and at the highest quality possible. The purpose of the challenge to is to improve my skills and to create new content for my demo reel. What I've learned from this challenge is that I was able to cut corners and come up with new techniques in creating this animation. I also learned that I have to win and lose certain battles. Meaning that in order to complete the project I had to prioritize what's important and what can be sacrificed. This is a great way to deal with freelance work or working under a tight deadline. 

The animation is I created here was inspired by the song The Purple People Eater. It's a silly song, and when I heard the other day, I thought of doing this animation. I didn't have much time, which then lead me to creating the challenge. 

The entire animation, models, UV layout, textures, rigs, and weight painting took a total of 16 hours. Render time not included. I hope you enjoy.



             

No comments: